Our wind farm noise consultants work for a range of clients, including major onshore wind developers, utility companies, private landowners and Local Planning Authorities. As well as undertaking noise assessments for proposed developments, we also undertake reviews of third party assessments for developers and local authorities.
Wind farm projects are often subject to high levels of scrutiny by Local Planning Authorities and third parties. Due to the high profile of proposed developments, it is increasingly common for projects to end up at a Public Inquiry. We can provide robust technical services to ensure that the assessments are defensible throughout the planning process and at Public Inquiry if and when required. To find out more about TNEI’s Expert Witness services please click here.
We provide the following services in relation to wind farm noise:
- Initial feasibility assessments to identify how noise may constrain a site
- Consultation with local planning authorities’ environmental health departments
- Assistance with scoping reports
- Background noise monitoring undertaken in accordance with ETSU-R-97 The Assessment and Rating of Noise from Wind Farms
- Assessment of various layout options (TNEI also run wind farm design days)
- Cumulative wind farm noise assessments
- Production of detailed noise assessments and environmental statement / report chapters
- Production of noise related planning conditions
- Assessment of potential wind turbine options and low noise mode requirements
- Reviews of third party noise assessments
- Wind farm noise Expert Witness services
- Compliance monitoring assessments to determine whether wind farms are operating in accordance with noise related planning conditions
- Noise complaint investigation
- Wind farm noise training days for developers and local authorities.
Contact us if you have any wind farm noise requirements and we will be happy to assist you.