This course aims to provide an overview of power systems. It could act as a good knowledge refresher course for engineers.
The course will include:
- Basic concepts of: active and reactive power, frequency balancing, voltage control and current flow
- Power Systems Background: sources and loads, delivery of power, single phase model, 3-phase model (star and delta)
- Harmonics: causes, effects, mitigation, issues specific to 3-phase systems, variable frequency drives, THDs and TDD
- Transients: voltage sags and swells, power interruptions, transients, and AVR/DG behaviour
- Unbalanced 3-phase systems: counter-torque, current on neutral wire, and mitigating imbalance
- Power electronics: rectifiers, inverters, and their control methods
- Faults: earth faults, short circuits, and fault analysis.
Course duration: 1 day
For group bookings, please get in touch to discuss discounted rates.
Useful for: Utilities, developers, consultancies, engineers, students, regulators.
To register your interest for the course or to find out more information please email email@example.com.