This course provides an overview of the electricity market in the UK. It includes a number of interactive exercises to help delegates understand the principles that are taught.
The cover will cover:
- Evolution of the British electricity industry
- Market elements (stakeholders involved in generating, trading, regulating, and balancing of electricity)
- British electricity trading and transmission agreements (BETTA): Markets & Trading
- BETTA: Balancing & Settlement
- Network interactions (between industry stake holders)
- Future direction for electricity market
Course duration: 1 day (can be arranged as two half days)
Course date: To register your interest for the course or to find out more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For group bookings please get in touch to discuss discounted rates. We offer bespoke courses, get in touch to discuss your requirements and how this course could be tailored to your needs.
Useful for: all industry stakeholders, such as utilities, developers, engineers, students, regulators, academics.
Pre-requisites: Some understanding of the electricity industry and of electricity markets will be useful but not essential.