This training provides new and existing power plant developers knowledge about basic power systems, the process of making a new generation application, generator related issues and connection requirements.
The course will include:
- Power system operation overview
- Various forms of conventional and renewable generators and their penetration levels in the network
- G99 application form overview
- How National Grid manages peak demand
- Types of battery storage devices commonly used and related technologies
- Voltage management, use of reactive power devices/provisions from generators
- Generation application process
- Technical Information required by the DNO
- Connection timescales
- Stability and harmonics issues
- Voltage step change and flicker issues
- Introduction to Protection
- Transmission system connected generator requirements
- Distribution system connected generator requirements
Course duration: 1 day
For group bookings, please get in touch to discuss discounted rates.
Useful for: Developers, engineers, students
To register your interest for the course or to find out more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.