We work with a range of clients including Ofgem, DECC, Scottish Government, Scottish Enterprise and The Crown Estate. We also provide regulatory advice to electricity transmission and distribution companies, electricity generation companies and generation (renewable and non-renewable) project developers.
TNEI provides strategic consultancy services in the areas of:
• Development of business models including modelling of capital and operating costs and revenue streams to assess profitability;
• Capital and operating cost modelling to identify cost reduction and efficiency;
• Modelling of future revenue and growth;
• Market analysis including market growth, barriers to entry and market structure;
• Availability and reliability modelling as a key component of revenue modelling;
• Technical due diligence for new capital projects and mergers & acquisitions;
• Assessment and quantification of risk for new projects;
• Regulatory development and impact of regulation on the business case, including advice to developers regarding EMR and CfD applications (see below for timelines of the CfD process).