Job reference: IR300122B
TNEI is a specialist, vibrant consulting company that has been at the forefront of providing expert technical advice to electricity network companies, renewable energy developers, regulators, and funding institutions all over the world for more than 20 years. By nurturing the top talent in the energy industry we have built a solid reputation of developing innovative solutions and solving complex problems associated with achieving net zero. We offer a fast-paced learning environment with excellent career development opportunities. Join us and become part of the net zero energy revolution.
TNEI Ireland is looking to recruit a bright and enthusiastic Graduate Consultant, with a desire to work in a consultancy environment, to help deliver a range of technical and commercial projects that span across power system planning, operation, innovation and technology. This is a wonderful opportunity to develop a career within the renewable energy industry with exposure to a wide range of projects
The power system team in Ireland assists renewable developers, large scale demand customers, network companies, governments and regulators with specialist studies, data analysis, and the development of innovative systems and services.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Initial designs for the network connection of a variety of renewable generators.
- Power system studies, undertaking compliance studies for both generator and demand connections.
- A host of other potential work streams such as such as strategic and regulatory advice, network development, feasibility studies, due diligence, HVDC, and offshore wind development, dependent on your skills/interest.
- Innovation work, potentially supporting one of our ongoing innovation projects, our revolutionary asset management project, or community system operator project; dependent on your skills/interest.
Essential requirements include:
- Motivated and self-driven individual with an ambition to work within the electricity industry
- A degree in electrical engineering or alternatively at least a couple of years’ experience in the sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-rounded individuals with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Legally able to work in Ireland
- Experience of network modelling and power systems analysis of Ireland electricity system
- Project management or project engineering experience.
- Energy sector awareness
- Knowledge of Ireland and international standards and codes.
- Computer modelling/ programming skills.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Excellent professional and personal development opportunities.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Company contributory pension scheme.
- Support towards achieving professional qualifications.
- CPD and training opportunities and support.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Paid professional subscriptions.
Competitive and based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role, and any previous experience to email@example.com.
Applications will close on 30th January 2022 with interviews taking place the week commencing 31st January 2022.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
TNEI promotes equal opportunities and supports suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity.