Office location: Manchester
TNEI is a specialist energy consultancy providing technical, strategic, planning and environmental advice to organisations in the energy sector. We have three offices in the UK (Manchester, Glasgow and Newcastle) and one office in Cape Town, South Africa.
The consulting work we do in the energy sector has a strong reputation with an excellent client base, and we have plans to grow the Manchester office even bigger. As a result, TNEI is looking to recruit an engineer for a senior or technical consultant position, with specialist experience in power system dynamic studies to join our team in Manchester.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong engineering background and demonstrable experience of providing consulting services and/or power system studies related to renewable energy, transmission and distribution networks, generation plants, energy storage or industrial projects.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Delivering specialist technical consulting services to clients in the electricity sector (e.g. power plants, large energy users, network owners).
- Carrying out power systems studies and analysis for a wide range of energy projects covering onshore and offshore renewable energy.
- Supporting business development.
- Expanding the company’s service offering within the UK and internationally in relation to specialist energy skills.
- A motivated, self-driven individual with demonstrable experience in power systems studies, and existing knowledge of technical connection/compliance requirements.
- Has the desire to work in a dynamic consultancy environment, applying technical studies expertise to projects in a commercial environment.
- Strong experience and direct involvement and delivery of detailed power systems studies, specifically dynamic studies and dynamic model development in software packages such as PowerFactory, PSS/E, or IPSA.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and careful time management.
- A well-rounded colleague who can work as part of a team.
- Post-graduate degree in engineering.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of the continuous changes in codes and standards such as Grid Code, G99, P28, G5/5
- Previous experience in dynamic studies and/or offshore renewables will be an advantage.
- Bespoke dynamic model development in PowerFactory and PSS/E for inverter-connected generation as well as conventional AVR and governor modelling.
- Capability in Python, or another similar modelling language.
- Commercial awareness.
What TNEI can offer
TNEI offers the opportunity to work in an exciting and growing sector on a wide range of consultancy projects. Our employees work on interesting projects in a relaxed and friendly environment, and we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Support towards achieving professional qualifications
- CPD and training opportunities and support
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Paid professional subscriptions
- Private medical insurance.
Application closing date
Applications will close on 8th February 2021 with interviews taking place in the following weeks.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role, and any previous experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TNEI Services Ltd confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.