Office location: Glasgow or Newcastle (with occasional work in our other offices and on site throughout the UK, with overnight stays as required).
Salary: Competitive and DOE
TNEI is a specialist energy and environmental consultancy business providing technical, strategic, planning and environmental advice to companies and organisations operating predominantly within the energy sector. We have environmental & consenting (E&C), technical environmental and power systems & technology specialists operating from offices in Newcastle upon Tyne, Glasgow, Manchester, Dublin and Cape Town. Our focus is on providing expert support across the energy sector, facilitating the energy transition. We work on exciting energy projects including battery storage (BESS), wind, solar, hydrogen, EfW and more.
TNEI is looking to recruit a driven and adaptable RTPI accredited environmental town planner to join our E&C offering within the Environment and Engineering Team.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious chartered environmental planner to support the delivery of renewable energy projects. The successful candidate will work on all aspects of the development of renewable energy schemes throughout the UK and will be responsible for gaining access to new projects and clients.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Undertaking feasibility studies;
- Providing project planning support and advice;
- Coordinating EIAs and managing EIA teams;
- Preparing or technically reviewing environmental reporting and input into EIAs;
- Preparing and submitting planning applications and supporting documents;
- Business development and proposal production;
- Liaison with project stakeholders including local communities; and
- Undertaking due diligence reviews on behalf of lenders, vendors and investors.
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant subject and will have attained RTPI chartership
- A drive to deliver high quality work;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Adaptability and problem-solving abilities;
- Well-developed project management and organisational skills;
- A team focus and proven ability to work collaboratively; and
- An understanding of consultancy along with current market conditions and opportunities.
- Accreditations such as CEnv or IEMA Registered EIA Practitioner Prior experience of working in the power and energy sector, particularly renewable energy;
- A full driving license would be beneficial.
What TNEI can offer
TNEI offers the opportunity to work in an exciting and growing sector on a wide range of consultancy projects. On the job training and support will be provided. Our employees work on interesting projects in a relaxed and friendly environment, and we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Support towards achieving professional qualifications
- CPD and training opportunities and support
- Cycle to work scheme
- Paid professional subscriptions
- Private medical insurance.
Application closing date
Recruitment for this role is ongoing throughout early 2021.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role, and any previous experience to email@example.com.
TNEI Services Ltd confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.