Office location: Manchester, Newcastle Upon Tyne or Glasgow.
Salary: Competitive & DOE
TNEI is a specialist consultancy in the energy sector. We help our clients respond to the complex challenges of integrating low-carbon technology into our everyday lives. Our technical prowess combines power systems analysis, renewables design and integration solutions, and environmental services.
TNEI is active in the hydrogen sector having delivered projects in the UK since 2003. Following the publication of the Government’s National Infrastructure Strategy and 10-point Green Recovery Plan, which both identify Hydrogen as a key area for future development, we anticipate an exponential growth in hydrogen opportunities and projects. We are therefore looking to add a consultant to our Environment and Engineering team, who has an established position within the hydrogen sector to lead the growth of our activities.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Undertake business development and other outward facing hydrogen related activities;
- Building on TNEI’s previous experience and existing capabilities to produce winning proposals for strategic advice, feasibility studies, environmental consultancy, detailed engineering and other support to hydrogen clients;
- Strengthening relationships with TNEI’s existing client base, as well as establishing relationships with new clients, stakeholders and industry bodies to create strong networks and working relationships within the hydrogen sector;
- Working with colleagues across other teams within TNEI to provide strategic and technical support to their hydrogen projects;
- Lead the delivery of hydrogen related activities including providing strategic advice, feasibility studies and engineering design for all aspects of the supply chain (i.e. producers, distributers, off-takers etc.)
- Support the technical development and capabilities of TNEI staff with regards to hydrogen;
- Identifying projects which could have a Hydrogen aspect to them and providing advisory support to the client;
- Delivering projects to the high level of technical competency expected of TNEI;
- Work independently where necessary;
- Define and manage work scopes for sub-consultants, where necessary;
- Ensure all work is reviewed at appropriate stages, peer reviewing others’ work to ensure consistency, accuracy and that it meets the client’s expectations;
- Identify and record risks within projects, communicating regularly with the project team
- A degree in Engineering, or other relevant discipline;
- An established position and experience within the UK hydrogen sector;
- An understanding of the full hydrogen supply chain from production to end use;
- Ability to deliver technical solutions to hydrogen projects;
- An appreciation of the commercial aspects of hydrogen projects;
- Professional qualification in Engineering, or other relevant discipline;
- Experience in research activities within the hydrogen economy;
- Experience in business development and client facing activities;
What TNEI can offer
TNEI offers the opportunity to work in an exciting and growing sector on a wide range of consultancy projects. Our employees work on interesting projects in a relaxed and friendly environment, and we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Support towards achieving professional qualifications
- CPD and training opportunities and support
- Cycle to work scheme
- Paid professional subscriptions
- Private medical insurance.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role, and any previous experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.