Job reference: HY180621
TNEI is a specialist, vibrant consulting company that has been at the forefront of providing expert technical advice to electricity network companies, renewable energy developers, regulators and funding institutions all over the world for more than 20 years. By nurturing the top talent in the energy industry we’ve built a solid reputation of developing innovative solutions and solving complex problems associated with achieving net zero. We offer a fast-paced learning environment with excellent career development opportunities. Join us and become part of the net zero energy revolution.
TNEI is active in relation to the use of hydrogen in the renewable energy and electricity networks sectors having delivered projects in the UK since 2003. Following the publication of the Government’s National Infrastructure Strategy, 10-point Green Recovery Plan and Energy White Paper which both identify Hydrogen as a key area for future development, we anticipate an exponential growth in hydrogen opportunities and projects.
We are looking for a full-time consultant with an established position within the hydrogen sector to join our multi-disciplinary teams to support the growth of our activities.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Building on TNEI’s previous experience and existing capabilities to win and deliver strategic advice, safety advice, feasibility studies, environmental consultancy or other support to hydrogen clients;
- Strengthening relationships with TNEI’s existing developer and network operator client base, as well as building relationships with new clients, stakeholders and industry bodies within the hydrogen sector;
- Identifying projects which could have a Hydrogen aspect to them and providing advisory support to the client;
- Delivering projects to the high level of technical competency expected of TNEI;
- Identify and record risks within projects, communicating regularly with the project team.
Essential requirements include:
- A degree in Engineering, or other relevant discipline;
- An established position and experience within the UK hydrogen sector;
- An understanding of the relevant hydrogen process and actors e.g. producers, off takers;
- Ability to deliver technical solutions to hydrogen projects
- Professional qualification and post graduate qualifications in Engineering, or other relevant discipline;
- Experience in research activities within the hydrogen economy;
- Regulatory experience and/or understanding;
- An appreciation of the commercial aspects of hydrogen projects;
- Experience in business development and client facing activities.
Manchester, Newcastle Upon Tyne or Glasgow.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Excellent professional and personal development opportunities.
- A flexible approach to working subject to business needs and requirements.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Company contributory pension scheme.
- Support towards achieving professional qualifications.
- CPD and training opportunities and support.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Paid professional subscriptions.
Competitive and based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role, and any previous experience to email@example.com.
Applications will close on 18th June 2021 with interviews taking place the week commencing 28th June 2021.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
TNEI promotes equal opportunities and supports suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity.