JOB REFERENCE: IR300122A
TNEI is a specialist, vibrant consulting company that has been at the forefront of providing expert technical advice to electricity network companies, renewable energy developers, regulators and funding institutions all over the world for more than 20 years. By nurturing the top talent in the energy industry we’ve built a solid reputation of developing innovative solutions and solving complex problems associated with achieving net zero. We offer a fast-paced learning environment with excellent career development opportunities. Join us and become part of the net zero energy revolution.
Ireland’s Climate Action Plan (CAP) (2021) commits to increase the proportion of renewable electricity to up to 80% by 2030, including an increased target of up to 5 GW of offshore wind energy. This is an exciting time for not just offshore industry, but for the wider electricity and energy sector, and offers some wonderful, albeit challenging, opportunities for those within these sectors.
TNEI Ireland is looking to recruit a bright and driven consultant with several years of professional experience, specifically to lead TNEI Ireland’s offshore work, working with a diversity of clients. This exciting new role will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to develop a career within the renewable energy industry with exposure to a wide range of projects and activities. In particular, the candidate would be able to develop their contacts within the offshore wind development industry, as well as get involved with delivering world-first innovation work and deliver these projects as part of a specialised team of experts.
The primary role is to deliver a range of technical and commercial projects that span the life cycle of offshore developments. The role will also allow for other opportunities to be involved in projects across power system planning, operation, innovation and technology. The role requires experience in leading technical and commercial projects and a strong understanding of the technical performance and technical analysis of offshore connections, the Irish power system, energy policy and regulation.
The right candidate will be expected to support offshore developers from concept design, grid feasibility and connection compliance. A key aspect of the role, given the ambiguity of offshore development and connection strategies at this time, is to keep up to date on developments regarding technical functional specifications and standards as well as policy and regulatory changes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Deliver projects to a high level of technical competency.
- Manage large, complex, and multiple projects acting as Project Manager where required.
- Support the management and development of client relationships and partnerships with other consultancies and industry bodies.
- Support the preparation of tenders, proposals and submissions.
- Review and supervise work of junior staff.
- Where required, represent TNEI Ireland at conferences, webinars, exhibits and industry working groups.
- 7+ years’ relevant experience (ideally in Offshore wind).
- Electronic/Electrical Engineering degree, or equivalent.
- Understanding and experience in the design and connection of offshore wind to the transmission system including but not limited to:
- Reactive power strategy and impact on cable ratings
- Fault contribution of fully converted machines
- Low order resonance and Harmonic mitigation
- Dynamic voltage and frequency response
- Insulation co-ordination and transient analyses including transient recovery voltage and zero miss phenomena
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge of power system modelling and analysis techniques.
- Ability to guide, persuade and influence through developed skills of communication and diplomacy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and adapts a suitable approach when dealing with internal and external parties.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Commercial awareness and up to date with energy policy and regulation.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritise under pressure of deadlines, while working independently.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Legally able to work in Ireland
- Array design/optimisation and transmission design – connection, compliance equipment and cable sizing studies
- Knowledge of electricity markets.
- Developed capability in carrying out dynamic analysis, harmonic analysis and EMT studies.
- Experience in the use of one or more of the following software packages: PSSe, DIgSILENT Power Factory, IPSA, ETAP, PSCAD, EMTP-ATP.
- Experience in the use of Python.
- Experience performing Cost Benefit Analysis, Least Worst Regret, and working with financial metrics such as NPV, IRR, payback period etc.
- An understanding and familiarity of key players within the Irish energy industry.
- A keen sense of the future challenges facing the Irish energy sector.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Excellent professional and personal development opportunities.
- A flexible approach to working subject to business needs and requirements.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Company contributory pension scheme.
- Support towards achieving professional qualifications.
- CPD and training opportunities and support.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Paid professional subscriptions.
Competitive and based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role, and any previous experience to email@example.com.
Applications will close on 30th January 2022 with interviews to follow.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
TNEI promotes equal opportunities and supports suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity.