Job reference: EE110621
TNEI is a specialist, vibrant consulting company that has been at the forefront of providing expert technical advice to electricity network companies, renewable energy developers, regulators and funding institutions for more than 20 years. By nurturing the top talent in the energy industry we’ve built a solid reputation of developing innovative solutions and solving complex problems associated with achieving net zero. We offer a fast-paced learning environment with excellent career development opportunities. Join us and become part of the net zero energy revolution.
We are looking for a full-time Graduate consultant specialising in planning to join our Engineering & Environment Team to work on energy related projects, on all aspects of the development of renewable energy schemes throughout the UK.
The Environmental and Engineering team assists developers in taking energy projects from conceptual ideas to buildable assets.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Site finding and site feasibility activities;
- Supporting onsite surveys and data collection;
- Planning application preparation and coordination;
- Environmental reporting and input into EIAs;
- Supporting the management of EIAs;
- Liaison with project stakeholders including local communities;
- Production of mapping and plans.
Essential requirements include:
- As a minimum an undergraduate degree in a relevant subject e.g. Town and Country Planning, Environmental Sciences etc. (2:1 and above).;
- A drive to deliver high quality work along with adaptability and problem solving abilities;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Adaptability and problem-solving abilities;
- Good organisational skills; and
- A team focus and proven ability to work collaboratively.
- A full driving licence;
- GIS and/or cad capabilities;
- An understanding of environmental and land use planning issues in the energy sector.
Glasgow. Includes work in our other offices and on site throughout the UK. Overnight stays will occasionally be required. Extensive training and support will be provided.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Excellent professional and personal development opportunities.
- A flexible approach to working subject to business needs and requirements.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Company contributory pension scheme.
- Support towards achieving professional qualifications.
- CPD and training opportunities and support.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Paid professional subscriptions.
Competitive and based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role, and any previous experience to email@example.com.
Applications will close on 11th June 2021 with interviews taking place the week commencing 21st June 2021.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
TNEI promotes equal opportunities and supports suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity.