Office location: Dublin, Ireland
TNEI is a specialist energy and environmental consultancy business providing technical, strategic, planning and environmental advice to companies and organisations operating predominantly within the energy sector. We have environmental & consenting (E&C), technical environmental and power systems & technology specialists operating from offices in Newcastle upon Tyne, Glasgow, Manchester, Dublin and Cape Town. Our focus is on providing expert support across the energy sector, facilitating the energy transition. We work on exciting energy projects including battery storage (BESS), wind, solar, hydrogen, EfW and more.
Due to an increase in workload and a strong pipeline of future opportunities, we are looking to add a bright and enthusiastic Acoustics consultant to join our Environment & Engineering team. The Team has a principal focus on assessing the noise impacts from renewable energy projects with particular expertise in wind energy developments, however our projects are wide ranging and also include port developments, quarries, electrical infrastructure, and a wide range of renewable and conventional energy developments.
Duties will include undertaking surveys throughout Ireland and Northern Ireland, production of a range of technical drawings (using CAD and GIS), noise propagation modelling (using CadnaA, Windfarm, and a range of bespoke models), wind farm layout design and general technical support to assist various planning applications. For candidates with experience in coding (Python), the job also offers opportunities to produce bespoke noise models and data analysis tools.
The job will be home based initially and then in TNEI’s Dublin office (due to open in 2021) but will typically include 1-2 days a week out on site. Overnight stays will sometimes be required. Extensive on the job training will be provided. Occasional visits to our UK offices or sites may also be required.
This exciting new role will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to develop a career within the renewable energy industry with exposure to a wide range of projects and activities.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Undertake noise assessment site visits throughout Ireland
- Analyse noise data using in-house models and CadnaA
- Assist in the development of in-house models
- Write noise reports
- Production of a range of technical drawings
- Support other members of the team as required
- Work independently where necessary
- Manage own time and deliver projects on time and to budget
- Other duties as required
- A Bachelor’s Degree qualified in an appropriate subject (for example Acoustics, Environmental Science, Renewable Energy or similar)
- Good general numeric and mathematical skills
- Excellent IT skills (particularly Excel)
- Knowledge of / interest in Acoustics
- Full driving licence
- Quick learner and pro-active team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Membership (Graduate, Technical or Associate) or looking to gain membership of the Institute of Acoustics (IOA)
- Knowledge of / interest in Python
- Holds or undertaking IOA Diploma in Acoustics and Noise Control
- Experience with noise modelling software
- Experience with CAD software
- Experience of Windfarm software.
What TNEI can offer
TNEI offers the opportunity to work in an exciting and growing sector on a wide range of consultancy projects. Our employees work on interesting projects in a relaxed and friendly environment, and we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus
- Company contributory pension scheme
- CPD and support towards achieving professional qualifications
- Training opportunities and support
- Paid professional subscriptions
- Private medical insurance.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role, and any previous experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.