Office location: Glasgow or Newcastle (with occasional work in our other offices and on site throughout the UK, with overnight stays as required).
Salary: Competitive and DOE
TNEI is a specialist energy consultancy providing technical, strategic, planning and environmental advice to developers and organisations operating within the energy sector, facilitating the energy transition. Our team provides flexible and responsive bespoke consultancy services working alongside our planners, environmental engineers, acousticians, and grid & power systems engineering colleagues. We work on exciting energy projects including battery storage (BESS), wind, solar, hydrogen, EfW and more.
Due to a strong pipeline of future opportunities the Environment and Engineering Team are looking to add a Civil Engineer to meet ambitious growth plans in 2021. The successful candidate will provide support to the existing team, relating primarily to renewable energy developments throughout the UK.
The role will provide an opportunity to develop a career within the renewable energy industry with exposure to a wide range of clients, projects and activities. Any necessary training and support will be provided.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Interpreting client requirements and deliver projects to their satisfaction;
- Engaging with clients;
- Undertaking and managing project work;
- Writing reports;
- Participating in early-stage site assessment work;
- Input into Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs);
- General support to Project Managers who have a project with Civil Engineering aspects;
- Site assessments and feasibility activities;
- Production of desk-based studies (e.g. mining risk, geotechnical, geo-environmental etc)
- Specifying and managing site investigation works;
- Preparation of transport studies (e.g. swept path analysis, traffic management plans, impact assessments etc.);
- Preparation of minor works designs e.g. switchgear building designs, remedial works etc.;
- Deliver projects to a high level of technical competency;
- Work independently where necessary;
- Define and manage work scopes for sub-contractors;
- Ensure all work is reviewed at appropriate stages;
- Support other members of the team as required;
- Identify and record risks within projects, communicating regularly with the project team;
- Manage and provide input into the preparation of tenders; and
- Manage own time and deliver projects on time and to budget.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a similar subject, a Master’s degree would be beneficial.
- An understanding of the CDM Regulations is essential, including how to discharge the duties of Designer.
- Able to demonstrate a drive to deliver high quality work along with adaptability and problem-solving abilities.
- A full driving license.
- A related health and safety qualification would be advantageous (e.g. CMaPS, IOSH, NEBOSH etc.).
- Prior experience of working in the power and energy sector, particularly renewable energy.
- Experience in any of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Drainage, flooding, hydrology and hydrogeology;
- Geotechnical investigations;
- Reinforced concrete & structural steel design;
- Traffic & transport; and
- Environmental Engineering.
What TNEI can offer
TNEI offers the opportunity to work in an exciting and growing sector on a wide range of consultancy projects. Our employees work on interesting projects in a relaxed and friendly environment, and we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Support towards achieving professional qualifications
- CPD and training opportunities and support
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Paid professional subscriptions
- Private medical insurance.
Application closing date
Recruitment for this role is ongoing throughout early 2021.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role, and any previous experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TNEI Services Ltd confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.