Business Development Lead
TNEI is a specialist energy consultancy providing technical, strategic, planning and environmental advice to organisations in the energy sector. We are very highly regarded in power systems consultancy and have an abundance of technical expertise across design, planning, modelling and analysis of electrical networks. We also have industry-leading environmental and site services teams who work with developers to successfully deliver their projects.
Changes in the energy system – including increased connection of renewables, decarbonisation of heating and transport and decentralisation of energy resources – are presenting a range of exciting challenges for the industry, and us. We are seeing a vast array of new opportunities to study these challenges and work with our clients to solve issues, enable change and stay at the forefront of innovation in the energy sector. In late 2019, we set up TNEI Ireland to better support our existing Irish clients, and also to lend our expertise to the efforts of the Irish energy sector to meet their decarbonisation ambitions. Our ambition is to grow TNEI’s Irish business around the requirements of the industry and support Ireland’s energy transition.
TNEI Ireland is looking to recruit a highly capable and motivated individual to support and grow the business, with the full support of the UK teams. The role will be primarily focused on business development within the Irish energy sector, but there will also be the opportunity to deliver consultancy projects across power systems, renewable energy connections, noise and environmental planning, depending on the candidate’s background and expertise.
The successful candidate would be based in Ireland, with the intention of setting up a permanent office space in or around the Dublin area. Reasonably frequent travel to meet with clients will be required, as well as occasional travel to our UK offices to meet and work with the teams there.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Growth of the TNEI Ireland business.
- Business development and client relationship management in Ireland.
- Liaison with TNEI’s UK teams to promote services.
- Delivery and management of consultancy projects.
- Management and mentoring of junior colleagues.
The TNEI Ireland business is in its infancy, however we do already have a large number of Irish clients. We want to maintain and grow these relationships, as well as cultivate new ones. The role requires a wide range of skills and experience. In particular, we are seeking:
- A motivated, self-driven individual at least 10 years’ experience in the Irish energy industry.
- A degree in a relevant engineering or energy discipline.
- A strong track record in proactive business development and client relationship management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to communicate with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Experience in the development and delivery of projects.
- Post-graduate qualifications
- Consultancy experience.
- A network of existing contacts in the Irish energy industry.
- A keen sense of the future challenges for the Irish energy sector.
What TNEI can offer
TNEI Ireland offers the opportunity to work in an exciting and developing sector on a wide range of consultancy projects alongside highly motivated colleagues. Our teams work on interesting projects in a relaxed and friendly environment, and we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Company contributory pension scheme.
- Support towards achieving professional qualifications.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Paid professional subscriptions.
- Private medical insurance.
Application closing date
Applications will close on Sunday 30th August with interviews taking place in early September.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role, and any previous experience to email@example.com.