Our consultants provide a range of commercially focused consenting, technical and environmental services critical to the delivery of new development projects in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
Our staff have a combination of planning, environmental and technical expertise in energy related projects and other development sectors. The team has extensive experience gained from both the public and private sectors and includes:
- RTPI qualified planning consultants with backgrounds in local authority, development companies and consultancies
- Project Managers specialising in Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), site finding, feasibility and multi-site development projects
- Technical and Environmental Consultants specialising in noise modelling and impact assessment, ecological and ornithological survey and assessment, Geographical Information Systems, site constraint and layout design for wind turbine developments and a range of technology specific technical assessments, such as shadow flicker.
We have extensive experience in managing EIAs to produce robust Environmental Statements and associated documentation for planning submission. Our EIA Project Managers are highly skilled with undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications in relevant disciplines and are full members (or working towards membership) of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA). In 2013 we achieved accreditation under IEMA's EIA quality mark scheme.
Key areas of our EIA service include:
- Provision of pre-screening advice to determine whether EIA is required
- Efficient management of the EIA screening and scoping stages to facilitate delivery of accurate and complete Environmental Statements
- Robust EIA and Environmental Statement reporting using in-house experts and associate consultants
- Preparation of high quality, focused environmental reports where full EIA is not required
- Relationship building with statutory consultees, key opinion formers within planning authorities and the local community
- Diligent project management to ensure delivery of agreed outputs to time and budget
- Managing the planning process to ensure momentum is maintained and applications do not become unnecessarily delayed.
Wind Farm Design
A pragmatic view is needed by wind farm developers, consenting authorities and consultees to appreciate and accept the size and shape of a wind farm, based on local constraints and considerations. The importance of defining the right layout for a particular site cannot be underestimated in terms of minimising environmental impact and engineering considerations, whilst maximising energy yields.
We provide the technical expertise required for these vital development decisions, and use various software tools including GIS, databases, specialist wind farm development software, and noise prediction models to maximise the potential of a site.
Our services cover all aspects of wind farm design and include:
- Consideration of on-site and near-site environmental and engineering constraints
- Visual aesthetics
- Noise levels and occurrence of shadow flicker at neighbouring dwellings
- Turbine selection
- Road layouts
- Electrical connection
- Financial modelling.