Energy storage can be used to balance the grid on a range of timescales, from shifting the daytime peaks of solar generation towards peak demand times, to managing frequency on a second-by-second basis. Storage technologies can also reduce the need for network reinforcement, and improve the power quality on the grid.
In a world with increasing renewable generation, a rising need for grid ancillary services, and falling costs of storage technologies, this sector is expanding rapidly.
Our experts offer support for a range of projects, including large-scale storage providing grid ancillary services, storage co-located with renewables, and early-stage advice for developers seeking to understand the storage market. We combine power systems design and engineering, commercial, regulatory, consenting and environmental expertise.
Our comprehensive energy storage services include:
- Site finding
- Grid connection support
- Advice on revenue streams and market and regulatory developments
- Bespoke training on energy storage
- Independent analysis of the business case for an energy storage system
- Review and advice on technical and functional specifications
- Relationship building with relevant stakeholders
- Advice on electrical, mechanical and civil design of storage projects
- Grid compliance studies.